Monday, November 26, 2012

Dad is 60!!!

One of the big reasons that we all tried to make it home for Thanksgiving was to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday.  Bertie had us each write 10 memories with Dad and then put them in separate envelopes.  Dad opened up about 40 of them on Thanksgiving night as we were sitting around the campfire.  Eveyone was really tired so we finished reading them at Benihana on Friday night after returning to Houston.  It was such a fun, special experience recounting all of our fond and funny memories with Dad.  He truly is an incredible man whom I admire and respect more than any man I know.  I am so grateful to have had 30 wonderful years knowing him.  I still learn so much from my Dad from his continuous gospel insights to his meaningful and so poignant advice.  I love you so, so much Dad and I hope you know how truly loved you are by EVERYONE who has crossed paths with you!



At Benihana with all of the adults.



This picture KILLS me!!  Apparently one of those memories was super funny, especially according to Amy and Brett.  You have to blow this picture up to get a better look at their faces!



Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of my Dad reading the memories around the fire on Thanksgiving, but we did get this one right before he opened his surprise goodie bag.  He's giving us a spiritual thought.  I love candid shots like this where everyone is just being themselves!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment