Sunday, February 13, 2011

H-Burg

Derek took the day off on Friday and I only had a half day so we spontaneously decided to go and check out Harrisburg. We took a tour of the capital building and I thought it was fascinating. Being from Texas and California, Derek and I know nothing about the history of Pennsylvania. The building itself is gorgeous and the paintings, statues, and symbolism in the architecture are all incredible.





This is a view of the inside of the beautiful rotunda.


After leaving the capitol we headed toward the Susquehanna River and walked by it for a while. It was fun to see it all frozen over. I haven't seen anything like that since my mission when we walked across the frozen river in one of my areas to a little island out in the middle of it.



On our way home we stopped by the HUMONGOUS Bass Pro Shops at the mall and spent quite a while there just walking around admiring all of their neat stuff. Then we found the coolest part of the store (at least for 9-year olds...and us!) You put 50 cents in this machine and you get 25 shots at plenty of various targets. We both had a good time! It was a fun way to end our great afternoon in Harrisburg.

2 comments:

  1. It's fun being tourists in your own town - or area anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again!
    Thanks for your comment. That's cool that you hit the motherload on serving items. Isn't it nice to have fun things like that around? It just makes homelife a little sweeter.

    You're speaking my language about Homegoods! I love that store. I go to the one in the Downingtown area, about an hour away. It's just about 2-3 yrs. old and is a pretty good one.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete