Friday, January 7, 2011

Knitting

I recently took up a new hobby thanks to my friend, Carrie, who got me started. The first couple things I knitted were dishcloths and they were pretty easy. One had a heart in the middle and the other one had an "E" in the middle for Egbert. They turned out pretty well. So I decided to take on a bigger project. My sister, Elise, is having a baby girl this month so I thought it would be nice to make her some baby booties. This is how they turned out.



I was really happy with them. Of course there are many mistakes and I think one is actually bigger than the other, but all in all they turned out well. Knitting is a really easy skill to pick up. I'm sure there are way more challenging patterns, but I'll have to take it step by step to get there. I have to give a big shout out to YouTube because that's basically where I learned everything. It's incredible how many videos there are about about knitting.

I think the booties are precious!

6 comments:

  1. Those are so cute!!! Good for you, we're excited for Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look pretty awesome to me, plus they are purple, my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out about my awesomeness again. My favorite saying for a tee-shirt? "Without me it's just aweso" I find it very appropriate. Luv ya and luv the booties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I can't believe how you and Carrie picked it up so quickly. I am still on basic!
    Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE! I'm so impressed with you Christie! Love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute Christie! Good job. I've made dishcloths before but have yet to venture further in crocheting.

    ReplyDelete