Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chocolate School

Derek has the daunting task of getting payed to attend Chocolate School for three days. He's learning all sorts of fun facts about chocolate including its origins and the complete process from cocoa bean to candy bar. Yesterday he came home with all kinds of delicious treats that he made himself. A master chocolatiere came and showed them how to make chocolate dipped goodies. I have to say, Derek did a superb job. He even wrapped the treats in cellophane and tied them with a bow. Today he taste tested a bunch of different chocolate liqueurs from all over the world. He said some were incredible and some were pretty wretched. Needless to say, I am extremely jealous, but Derek has been good about teaching me what he's learning and bringing me home samples.












I don't know if you can tell but those chocolate dipped strawberries are sitting in little chocolate cups. Derek made those by blowing up mini balloons and then dipped them in chocolate. After the chocolate hardened he took off the balloon. Derek hand dipped all of the pretzel sticks and strawberries and even decorated them. YGB!

Derek has been working so many hours and dealing with stressful people so I'm glad he's been able to take this time off and enjoy himself at work!

4 comments:

  1. Funnest. Job. Ever.

    (yes, I know "funnest" is not a word)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um all I have to say is I'M JAELOUS!!! Those treats look so yummy! Good job Derek. I know what you can get Marshall and me for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my delicious jealousy. If you ever need to unload some of that chocolate stuff, remember Travis!

    ReplyDelete