Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Boo Boos

The last week has been a series of unfortunate events for my poor skin. It all started out while I was peeling apples. I've got this great apple corer and peeler but I couldn't get the core off. I was trying to push with all my might when my fingers slipped and my pinky went through the slicer. I don't have a picture but it looked bad. It bled forever and was sensitive for days. But now it's almost completely healed. Our bodies are truly remarkable.



The next accident I had happened at about 9:30pm last Friday night. We were in bed and Derek had just turned out his light. Of course, I was almost asleep when I had the sudden urge to go to the bathroom. I've walked to the restroom hundreds of times in the dark before in the middle of the night. I must have been so tired and out of it though because I ran smack dab into the wall. And it wasn't a flat wall, it was a corner. My mouth went numb for a few seconds and Derek asked in panic if I was ok after hearing the thud. Of course I couldn't talk because I couldn't feel my mouth. When I turned on the light in the bathroom I noticed a big ole blood blister already full on my lip. We couldn't believe how fast it formed. Thankfully I didn't have anywhere to go for the next couple of days because it was General Conference and we could stay home and watch that on the internet. The blood blister stayed full the next day and I could feel my pulse in it. Eventually the blood leaked out little by little. By Sunday the blister had dried up and I could peel off the bloody scab. Again, I couldn't believe how fast my body healed itself. Here is a picture after all the blood had dried up.



The last injuries I have inflicted on myself have been burns. I burned my arm on the top of the oven while pulling stuff out and just yesterday I burned my forearm on a hot cookie sheet.





I'm not looking for sympathy here. I just think it's ridiculous how clumsy I am. I am constantly banging my head on something or scraping my leg against the corner of our bed (which hurts extremely bad and leaves a big bruise). A while ago I dropped the bucket of laundry detergent on my head which was on top of our stacked washer and dryer. Sometimes I don't think I use a very big portion of my brain. Hopefully I'll be more careful with my future kids! Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Girl! You need to be more careful! Now I'm going to be worrying about you...and by the way, are you prego???? I get awful clumsy when I'm expecting???? No keeping secrets!!!

    ReplyDelete