Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beautiful Mount Joy!

Derek and I have been in Mount Joy for a couple weeks now and we are officially in love with our new town. It is so appropriately named! I've taken dozens of pictures but I'll only post about half.


There are corn fields everywhere.






There are also cute old homes and barns. Some of them are pretty beat up and run down.






Our town is so cute because it has such a diverse personality. There are definitely the old, victorian homes, but there are also new, big modern homes. Of course, the buildings on main street look like they're from the 1700's because they probably are.
Here are some cute homes in our neighborhood. This first one is of our apartment complex. We're in the white ones with my yellow truck out front, which you can barely see.






Thanks to my mom I have a strange attraction to cemeteries. Mt. Joy has plenty of them and they are scattered all throughout the town on hills, at churches, in a field...everywhere.





We love everything about Mount Joy. The people are so friendly and wave at you as you walk or bike by, the landscape is beautiful, the main street is so quaint, and simply fantastic. The only things missing are our families and loved ones. So please come visit us if you get a chance. We have a spare bedroom with a super comfy bed. To see more of our apartment watch for Egbert Cribs to be coming soon.

4 comments:

  1. Egbert Cribs? I can't wait! I have a strange fascination with cemeteries too Christie!!!! I loved looking at these pictures, and we all can't wait to come and visit! What a gorgeous place! i totally spotted your truck in front of the apartments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so beautiful there!! We can't wait to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I need some of your enthusiasm. I have been lamenting the smallness of Mt. Joy for the past 6 months like a lame-o. See my disgruntled blog post here.

    http://www.em-il-ie.com/2010/05/dear-lancaster-county.html

    We definately need to hang out so your good attitude can rub off on me and my grumpy pregnant self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je voudrais tellement te revoir un jour, tu es encore toute rayonnante.

    Ruth, maman de Krystelle

    ReplyDelete